Summer Days Blackberry Banana Cobbler
2 TBSP oil
1 – 1.5 cups sugar, Sucanant, or Florida Crystals, (If your berries are sweet you can use less)
2 cups gluten-free flour mix, or Sorghum flour*
2 tsp baking powder
1.5 cups non-dairy milk
2 - 3 medium, ripe mashed bananas
Around 3 - 4 cups of blackberries**
1 cup walnuts, chopped
Preheat oven to 350*
1. Spread the oil in the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine the sugar, flour and baking powder. Mix well. Add mashed bananas, and non-dairy milk, then mix until smooth. Pour this batter over the oil in the baking dish, but do not stir.
3. Arrange the blackberries over the batter. They can be lined up side by side, but don't put on a double layer. Then sprinkle the top with the walnuts.
4. Bake in pre-heated oven, for 30 minutes.
* I don't like the texture of straight brown rice flour. You may substitute whole wheat pastry flour if you don't have gluten-free concerns.
**You may substitute other berries, blueberries or raspberries.