1. Get the brown rice cooking.
2. Make the marinade. Get it mixed up and soaking on the tofu. Soak for 20 minutes or so.
3. Cut up the collards, by cutting off the rib. Then stacking the leaf part of 2 - 3 collards at a time, rolling them up like a sleeping bag, and then start slicing thin rounds off the end. Cut up the onions too.
4. Place the tofu and marinade in a skillet, and start cooking on medium temperature. Stir very gently, but often enough to keep no part of the pan drying out before another part of the pan. Cook until there is no moisture left and it is just starting to stick. Turn off the heat and remove the pan from the burner. Set aside.
5. While the tofu is cooking, get the collards into a large kettle. They will cook down quite a bit. You need 4 - 5 times as much volume of fresh greens as you will need cooked greens in the end. Add the onion, lime juice and salt. Cover with a lid, and cook until the greens are cooked down in size and the onions are transparent.
6. Spoon out a layer of cooked brown rice onto a platter. Spread the collard greens around on top of the rice. Lay out the tofu as the top layer.
My recipe: Lemon Chili Marinade
1/3 cup Bragg's liquid aminos or Tamari
Juice of one lemon
2 tsp SiRacha sauce
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
black pepper, optional
Kettle full of collard greens, ribs removed, rolled
and cut thinly
One onion diced
Juice of one lime
1/2 tsp salt
water to cover the bottom of you kettle 1/2