Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Oatmeal raisin Molasses Cookies
This recipe was inspired by my husband's grandma's recipe. Unfortunately after changing our diet we were no longer able to eat it. So after going without Oatmeal Raisin cookies for a long time, I made these as as surprise for my husband, HoneyBee. He thought the recipe was a success.
Oatmeal Raisin Molasses Cookies photo
By Mama Bee
1. Soak 1 1/2 cups of raisins in hot water for 20 or more minutes. Drain. Discard liquid.
2. Mix in a bowl the following:
2/3 cup honey
4 TBSP molasses
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup soymilk
3. Blend and add to the above mixture.
1 cup water
1/3 cup cashews
2 TBSP flax seed
4. In another bowl, mix the following:
The 1 1/2 cup of soaked raisins
1 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
5 cups gluten free oats
1 cup brown rice flour
4 TBSP tapioca flour
5. Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir well. Let set 10 minutes to firm up. Drop by 1/8th cup portions onto a lightly sprayed cookie sheet. Flatten and shape. Bake 350' F for 25 minutes.