Tofu Sprout Burgers
Yield: 6 large burgers or many small ones
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
2 cups firm tofu
1/2 onion chopped
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup tahini
1/4 cup parsley chopped (optional)
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 t garlic powder
1 tsp basil dried
1/4 cup grated carrots
2 cups alfalfa sprouts
1. Blend sunflower seeds in a food processor to meal.
2. Add all ingredients in the food processor, excepts carrots and sprouts, mix until everything is evenly distributed.
3. Add the carrots and sprouts and pulse just enough to mix them in evenly.
4. Sprinkle corn meal or other breading meal evenly over a cookie sheet, so it is coated. To shape large patties, place a large canning ring on the corn meal coated cookie sheet. Fill the ring with dough, and lift ring. For small patties use a 1/8 cup ice cream scoop that has a squeezable handle to help you remove the dough from the scoop. Place the scoops close together on the pan, as they won't spread. Flatten them slightly with the back of the scoop.
5. Sprinkle some more corn meal on top of the patties.
6. Bake at 350F degrees for 20 minutes. Carefully turn them, and bake for another 20 minutes. The large patties are especially fragile, so be careful while turning them.